Twisted-Liquid Pro GFX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graphic Design

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Jandel122 takes the first place trophy with his great logo! thanks everyone for participating!

P90 Soldier Sprites

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Twisted-Liquid
Admin
Twisted-Liquid

P90 Soldier Sprites Empty
PostSubject: P90 Soldier Sprites   P90 Soldier Sprites EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 9:25 am

Hi guys I just created these sprites per someones rquest in my sprite shop. Can I please get some CC on this. Comments will also be greatly appreciated.

P90 Soldier Sprites Soldiersheet

Reference Pics provided by the requestor
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Twisted-Liquid on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://webstarts.com\twisted-liquid
Challenger

Challenger

PostSubject: Re: P90 Soldier Sprites   P90 Soldier Sprites EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 12:09 am

the sprites are good, except I would add some detail to the pants, look a little bland. Maybe camouflage.
Back to top Go down
Twisted-Liquid
Admin
Twisted-Liquid

PostSubject: Re: P90 Soldier Sprites   P90 Soldier Sprites EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 12:25 am

I would too but per the request they are flat green. Thanks for the comments though. I will post the reference photos shortly. Maybe I could add more wrinkles to the pants but I would hate to make it complicated if he wants to animate it.
Back to top Go down
RpGJuNki3

RpGJuNki3

PostSubject: Re: P90 Soldier Sprites   P90 Soldier Sprites EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 2:28 am

Killer Very Happy

looks good to me.
I'm still trying to figure out how you pull off that hand drawn look?
Do you draw them Big? Then shrink them down?
But even when I do that, My lines never come out as clean as yours?...whats your secret? :O

- JuNki3 Smile
Back to top Go down
Michael pw

Michael pw

PostSubject: Re: P90 Soldier Sprites   P90 Soldier Sprites EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 10:20 am

Wow that is good! i really like that sprite, all i can say is that the legs on the top most guy look like they're going slightly northeast instead of just north however it would probably look even more awesome when its animated and how on earth do you sprite like that??
Back to top Go down
http://www.thegamemaker.netii.net
Twisted-Liquid
Admin
Twisted-Liquid

PostSubject: Re: P90 Soldier Sprites   P90 Soldier Sprites EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 1:02 pm

Wow, Strong start RPGjunki3. Well I suppose I could sum it all up into one word "Vector"

Aside from the obvious Skill factor. I use several methods to get my end results but what I find eminent are vector graphics in retrospect to the primitive miniature raster imaging that you typically find in a sprite.

To construe this in cronological order. I begin the process through constructing a simple concept art design using advanced drawing techniques, and taking into consideration whether or not the sprites will be animated. I then proceed to draft the digital sketch comprising of primitive shapes and colors using advanced vector imaging and layering techniques.

I then transpose to a sophisticated coloring phase, at which point I accommodate for the lighting and the perspective of certain entities with the use of advanced shadow techiniques.

In the last phase I export the file to a compressed png format and at which point I embelish the sprite by cropping and affixing one pixle at a time until I achieve the look and feel that I was yearning. At this point depending on the style of the sprite I would polish the end result with opaque transitions.

I know this is a bit cursory. As it is difficult to explain every detail that goes into the procedure and the vast variety of methods I use to produce these images. This should give you a prudent Idea of the tasks I perform to achieve these results.

I could promise to create tutorials in detail for every method but because of the inefficient time I have in my daily schedule its a bit burdensome. Feel free to ask me anything anywhere your having problems. Please post these questions in the showroom along with the example of which you are struggling with and the result you wish to acquire.

As for shrinking the image. That only works on primitive shapes the line work is excessively distorted when using organic shapes.

And Michael the feet were pointed out a bit to show a little depth otherwise the feet looked like stumps. If you look closely the same method was used on the cap where it should have been pointing direct up as well but it looked like a sore green thumb. Thanks for pointing that out.
Back to top Go down
RpGJuNki3

RpGJuNki3

PostSubject: Re: P90 Soldier Sprites   P90 Soldier Sprites EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 4:55 pm

Ha. Dang XD

And here i thought it was a simple Draw - Shrink - Brush it xD

Yes Tutorials sound fantastic actually Very Happy
And I will make sure to post some work in the ShowRoom to gets some crit by you guys ;D

- JuNki3 Smile
Back to top Go down
Vulcan Moon

Vulcan Moon

PostSubject: Re: P90 Soldier Sprites   P90 Soldier Sprites EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 5:10 pm

Wow, that's the sprite you're making for me? O.o

Killer good. Shocked

And I made the other sprites (the first reference in this topic's post) in MS Paint.
Back to top Go down
Twisted-Liquid
Admin
Twisted-Liquid

PostSubject: Re: P90 Soldier Sprites   P90 Soldier Sprites EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 12:25 am

Yea thats it vulcan you can take it now if you want to I dont think its going to change any further.
Back to top Go down
Vulcan Moon

Vulcan Moon

PostSubject: Re: P90 Soldier Sprites   P90 Soldier Sprites EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 3:08 pm

Kay, thanks. It's great, I'm gonna have a real nightmare animating it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: P90 Soldier Sprites   P90 Soldier Sprites Empty

Back to top Go down

P90 Soldier Sprites
Page 1 of 1