Twisted-Liquid Pro GFX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graphic Design

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Jandel122 takes the first place trophy with his great logo! thanks everyone for participating!

How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites.

Go down 
+3
jandel122
Twisted-Liquid
Michael pw
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael pw

Michael pw

How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites. Empty
PostSubject: How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites.   How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites. EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 2:27 pm

Hi!

Im fairly new to spriting and i only really started spriting alot when i discovered a really good trick!!

Isometric:

I draw a base sprite in the Game Maker image editor. Isometric works by going to pixels wide for every one you go up. I then add features to the sprite like wall patterns and pillars...

I then colour in the sprite using solid colours, no shading at all.

I copy the sprite into Macromedia Fireworks 8 and use the Burn tool and the dodge tool to render Light and to shade the picture.

STEP 1: - Drawing base sprite

How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites. Archeryrange

STEP 2: - Colouring

How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites. Archery2

STEP 3: - Render

How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites. Archeryrender

Platform:

I just draw a solid Sprite in Macromedia Fireworks 8 using the line tools, shape tools and the ink pen tool to curve the lines. I then create another layer which i place behind this and use the brush tool to fill in the sprite. I then mask it so any of the brush that goes over the edge doesn't show. Then i use the burn tool and the dodge tool to render it.

THIS IS AN EXAMPLE BACKGROUND:

How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites. Backgroundeo

EXAMPLE 2:

How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites. Background2oi

Pixel art:

Not much to this, just using the Gm editor, takes a bit of practise, i still suck Razz

Anyway that's it! Nothing else, also really simple to do! might post examples later!

Last edited by Michael pw on Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thegamemaker.netii.net
Twisted-Liquid
Admin
Twisted-Liquid

How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites. Empty
PostSubject: Re: How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites.   How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites. EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 3:00 pm

I would like to see the progression of the sprite from one step to the next
Back to top Go down
http://webstarts.com\twisted-liquid
Michael pw

Michael pw

PostSubject: Re: How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites.   How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites. EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 3:01 pm

well i can post that in a minute.
Back to top Go down
jandel122

jandel122

PostSubject: Re: How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites.   How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites. EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 4:31 pm

Nice base for the building Smile
Back to top Go down
druid tc

PostSubject: Re: How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites.   How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites. EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 1:31 pm

Nice. This will help me alot.
Back to top Go down
Michael pw

Michael pw

PostSubject: Re: How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites.   How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites. EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 1:36 pm

your welcome!
Back to top Go down
Challenger

Challenger

PostSubject: Re: How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites.   How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites. EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 1:53 pm

thanks man! i will use this for a first start.
Back to top Go down
Twisted-Liquid
Admin
Twisted-Liquid

PostSubject: Re: How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites.   How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites. EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 3:25 pm

great job
Back to top Go down
http://webstarts.com\twisted-liquid
MegaByte_Games

MegaByte_Games

PostSubject: Re: How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites.   How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites. EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 3:29 pm

thx man. this is awesome
Back to top Go down
http://www.megabytegames.webs.com
Reyalp

PostSubject: Re: How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites.   How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites. EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 11:57 am

Thanks, it's a simple and easy rendering method..

Thanks alot dude
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites.   How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites. Empty

Back to top Go down

How i sprite, Basic and Effective techniques for a range of simple sprites.
Page 1 of 1