Twisted-Liquid Pro GFX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graphic Design

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Jandel122 takes the first place trophy with his great logo! thanks everyone for participating!

Gimp (Freeware) 2d Image Manipulation

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Twisted-Liquid
Admin
Twisted-Liquid

Gimp (Freeware) 2d Image Manipulation Empty
PostSubject: Gimp (Freeware) 2d Image Manipulation   Gimp (Freeware) 2d Image Manipulation EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 3:34 pm

- Description

A freeware program that allows to manipulate images by applying drastic filters such as gaussian blurs, motion blurs, burns, smudges, crystalization, pixelation, oilifying, changing color hues, just to name a few. with just a few mouse clicks. This program also contains really powerfull rendering tools for fancy text editing and menus and buttons. In addition it allows you to create your own brushes and blend palettes. If thats not enough it contains the best and large variety of selection tools I have used for precise image manipulation and ease.

- Capabilities

Text Rendering
Button Rendering
Background Rendering
Image Manipulating Filters

- Advantages

Great tool to generate or polish logos, banners, Backgrounds, and distorting images. The tools supplied make these tasks extremely easy to perfrom and generate images in mnutes if not seconds and doesnt require a great deal of art skills.

- Disadvantages

I don't recomend this program for creating solid objects. The drawing tools are very free and dont allow for easy line work, making it difficult to smooth out shapes. the selection tools can be used to create objects simply fill in the selections with a brush but this is a ruff concept to get used to.

- Utilization

I like to use this program to generate backgrounds and touch up art work and add lighting effects, motion blurs and bump maps.

- Examples

Water Background <<-- Rendered Background using 3 layers and opacity
Mountain Background <<-- Enhanced using Gaussian Blur and Lighting Effects
Grass Tiles <<-- Created Using a custom paint brush
Menu Button <<-- Generated Using Gradients and Bump Map
Fancy Text <<-- Font Rendering and Lighting Effects

All of the images above were created by me using this single program.

- Links

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] <<-- Official Site
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] <<-- Download the application here
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] <<-- Get started right away with these tutorials for beginners and advanced users.
Back to top Go down
http://webstarts.com\twisted-liquid
Michael pw

Michael pw

PostSubject: Re: Gimp (Freeware) 2d Image Manipulation   Gimp (Freeware) 2d Image Manipulation EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 3:22 pm

Hmm... I tried Gimp but couldn't get it work for me... Anyway it looks like an awesome piece of software!

i never thought that the Siege Wars graphics were made on it Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.thegamemaker.netii.net
MegaByte_Games

MegaByte_Games

PostSubject: Re: Gimp (Freeware) 2d Image Manipulation   Gimp (Freeware) 2d Image Manipulation EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 2:20 pm

I tried gimp too, an i couldnt really see how to work it out. but i guess i didn't really give it a chance. i only went on it for about 10 minutes
Back to top Go down
http://www.megabytegames.webs.com
jandel122

jandel122

PostSubject: Re: Gimp (Freeware) 2d Image Manipulation   Gimp (Freeware) 2d Image Manipulation EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 5:21 pm

I like GIMP, Although I do have photoshop, I use GIMP more
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gimp (Freeware) 2d Image Manipulation   Gimp (Freeware) 2d Image Manipulation Empty

Back to top Go down

Gimp (Freeware) 2d Image Manipulation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twisted-Liquid Pro GFX :: Resources :: Applications-
Jump to: